Laser teeth whitening is a process that can be used to increase the white, bright shine of the smile up to eight and even ten shades in as little as one hour. The treatment combines whitening or bleaching gel and the use of UV lights to create a white and bright smile that you can be proud of. The whitening process enables a whiter smile easily and effectively.
Laser teeth whitening uses the combination of whitening gel which is applied to the teeth and lights which are used to activate the components of the gel to allow oxygen to reach the teeth. It is an effective whitening tool offered in dental offices throughout the country.
Here are some of the advantages of laser teeth whitening:
• It is effective, it can easily whiten the teeth up to ten shades in as little as one hour. There are few other teeth whitening systems that whiten the teeth so completely in such a short period of time.
• There are many clinics which offer laser whitening and therefore it is accessible within every community.
• It can often see effects that can last up to one year if preventative maintenance on the teeth is maintained after the whitening treatments have been complete.
• There are many patients that don’t see any side effects to the laser teeth whitening process. Most patients leave the procedure with whiter teeth and a brighter smile without any side effects of the treatment whatsoever.
• It is a safe procedure that can whiten the teeth without providing damage.
• Multiple treatments can be used for stubborn stains which are found on the teeth. This way, even regular smokers and coffee drinkers can see the effects of whiter teeth.
Here are some of the drawbacks of laser teeth whitening:
• There are a small percentage of patients that have experienced side effects from the laser whitening treatments include; sensitive teeth and gums, hot and cold sensitivity when it comes to drinking and eating certain foods and can also cause gum sensitivity. Although these side effects are uncommon, it is something to consider before undergoing the teeth whitening process.
• The cost of these procedures can range from several hundred to as high as one thousand dollars, per session. These in-office procedures are the most effective and therefore come with one of the highest price tags for a teeth whitening process.